2023 Sign On Bonus
All McConway & Torley direct employees will be enrolled in our $1,000.00 sign on bonus incentive program.*
Finishing Operator (Grinder)
McConway & Torley is looking for Finishing Operators, also known as Grinders. As a Grinder, you will work with a great group of people who really care about the job you do.
What you’ll do:
- Positions castings on work bench using hoist
- Visually inspects castings and notes what work needs done
- Positions and manually guides grinder or chipping hammer along specified guidelines on edge or surface of casting
- Uses production gauges to verify specifications of castings are to standard
- Verify number and type of casting to be prepared for shipment
- Performs general housekeeping /clean up in work area
- Performs other duties as assigned
Equipment Technician (Millwright)
McConway & Torley is currently searching for Equipment Technician to join our team. As an Equipment Technician you will perform mechanical repairs and maintenance to production and mechanical equipment and facility.
What you’ll do:
- Capable of servicing and repairing most common industrial equipment, such as grinders, forklifts, cranes, welders, lathes, etc.
- Capable of performing routine maintenance operations on equipment, such as oil changes, greasing, adjustments and minor repairs.
- Capable of performing routine electrical repairs and some troubleshooting of motor controls.
- Capable of basic repairs of plumbing and heating systems.
- Capable of fabricating hardware that may be required to support the maintenance operation.
- Observe all company rules and regulations
- Must be able to work on elevated platforms
- Must be willing to flexible with assignments and shifts
- Report any abnormal conditions to lead person or supervisor
- Perform all other job-related tasks as assigned
McConway & Torley is looking for an Electrical Technician. As an Electrical Technician, you will work with a great group of people who really care about the job you do.
What you’ll do:
- Lays out, builds, tests, troubleshoots, repairs and modifies equipment or finished product electronic components, parts, switch panels, electronic equipment and systems.
- May test new equipment, troubleshoot operation and make minor adjustments to equipment.
- Performs high voltage electrical repairs (e.g., controls, relays). Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams, blueprints, and other specifications, using hand tools, power tools, and electrical and electronic test equipment.
- Troubleshoots and repairs electronic, mechanical, or electrical computer-controlled equipment.
- May input or perform PLC and/or CNC programming.
- Follows all safety rules and practices.
- May be involved in safety committees or initiatives.
- Performs advanced repairs, troubleshoots electrical problems, performs preventative maintenance and testing on electrical wiring and components of production equipment and facilities infrastructure
- Installs electrical panels, relays and switches
- Reads and troubleshoots basic PLC programming
Additional Career Opportunities
* The first initial payment of $250.00 will be processed when the employee reports to work for 90 calendar days. The 2nd payment of $250.00 will be processed after 180 calendar days. The remaining $500.00 will be processed upon the completion after 1 year of employment with satisfactory work performance. This sign on bonus is not part of the base salary calculation but considered taxable income. The employee understands that the signing bonus is forfeited if the employee’s attendance is not in Good Standing**. Also, the employee understand that the remainder of the bonus will be forfeited if the employee is no longer in the position to which they are hired, or if their performance is not satisfactory. Additionally, the employee understand that a signing bonus is not included in retirement calculations. If your 90-day, 180 day, or yearly anniversary falls in the middle of a pay period it may take up to two pay periods to reflect the bonus. The above-mentioned employee understands and agrees to these terms and conditions.
**Good Standing is defined as: The newly hired having no more than 2 attendance occurrences, no accidents, and no disciplinary warnings of any kind; including any safety, production, or quality violations during the period leading up to the referral award payment date. An absence from work accompanied by a doctor’s excuse will not count as an occurrence, as long as the new employee has no more than 3 such occurrences during the period of time leading up to the signing award payment date.